The Madrid Protocol came into force in thePhilippinesas ofJuly 25, 2012and some of the highlights are:
- The time limit to notify a refusal is 18 months.
- Trademark owners who desire to designate the Philippines have to pay an individual fee to extend protection.
- Applications will be examined chronologically and no preference will be given to international applications.
- Applications will be subject to the requirement of a Declaration of Actual use, which
- carries additional fees to be paid to the IPOPHL through a resident Agent.